Heads up, tech enthusiasts! The sparkling SKR Mini E3 V2.0 is out in the wild, offering a fresh perspective for those eyeing an upgrade for their control board. Dive in as I, Carolina, a tech trainee, unbox all the nitty-gritty details this board has over its predecessor, the V1.2.
Brought to life by the dedicated experts at BIGTREE Technology Co. LTD. located in the heart of Shenzhen, the V2.0 is custom-designed to snugly fit Ender 3 and Creality 3D printers. With a legacy since 2015, and a team strength of 70+ talented minds, BIGTREE has been committed to enhancing your 3D printing experiences. So, without further ado, let’s unwrap the delights of the V2.0!
HOT TIP: Bag your SKR Mini E3 V2.0 at an irresistible price from BangGood. Just remember, patience is key, as delivery might take a tad bit longer.
– Ender 3
– Ender 3 Pro
– Ender 5
– Creality CR-10
– Creality CR-10S
Super Features of the SKR Mini E3 V2.0:
1. Easier Firmware Setup: No sweat, the board comes pre-loaded with factory-tested firmware. And should you want to switch gears, GitHub’s got you covered. Worried about firmware setup? Trust me, it’s a breeze with Microsoft Visual Studio Code and the platform.io plugin tailored just for this. And if you’re a fan of video guides, Chris Riley’s tutorial is the perfect companion.
2. Enhanced Protection: Say goodbye to rookie mistakes. The V2.0 is loaded with protective elements ensuring the board’s longevity. From thermistor protection to heat dissipation mechanisms to an optimized frame that prevents screw mishaps, your board is shielded from all potential dangers.
3. Efficient G-Code Reading: The 32-bit board flexes its muscles with swifter command-reading capabilities, promising aesthetically pleasing prints every single time.
4. Easy-peasy Upgrades: Gone are the days of intricate soldering! With the V2.0, a simple jumper cap does the trick. Dreaming of sensorless homing without the soldering hassle? V2.0’s got your back.
– Dimensions: 100.75mm x 70.25mm
– Identity: SKR Mini E3 32bit controller
– Microprocessor: ARM Cortex-M3
– Master Chip: STM32F103RCT6 armed with a 32-bit CPU (72MHZ)
– Built-in EEPROM: AT24C32
– Power: DC 12/24V
– Logic Voltage: 3.3V
– Motor Driver: Onboard TMC2209 in UART mode
– Motor Drive Interface: XM, YM, ZAM, ZBM, EM
– Display Support: 2.8 inch, 3.5 inch vibrant touch screen, and Ender 3 LCD12864 screen
– Craftsmanship: 4-layer PCB
What Sets V2.0 Apart from V1.2?:
– V2.0 boasts a double Z-axis stepper driver, facilitating parallel connections without splitter cables.
– The embedded EEPROM AT24C32, exclusive to the V2.0, ensures data stability for your 3D printer.
– 4-layer circuit board promises enhanced durability and prolonged operational life.
– MP1584EN power chip boosts the current output, reaching up to 2.5A.
– Thermistor protection drive shields against accidental board damage.
– The board’s design has been optimized to prevent potential mishaps like screw hole stripping.
– And, for the cherry on top, the BL Touch, TFT & RGB get an independent 5V power interface.
Should You Switch to SKR Mini E3 V2.0?:
Well, with the extensive features and benefits laid out, the real question is why not? Although the V1.2 holds its ground, the V2.0 brings a plethora of upgrades to the table. The choice, my friends, is a no-brainer if you aim for a seamless 3D printing journey.
Carolina’s Pro-tip: Seal the deal on the SKR Mini E3 V2.0 from either Amazon or BangGood and elevate your 3D printing game!