With an impressive printing volume and a plethora of must-have attributes for any 3D enthusiast, today I’m setting my sights on the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4. This latest iteration has set new benchmarks, presenting remarkable 3D print outcomes. Join me as I embark on a detailed journey into this printer, shedding light on every facet you’d wish to know, ensuring you make an informed decision.
We’ll first explore the standout attributes to give you a vivid understanding of this printer’s potential. We’ll then venture into its distinct advantages and potential drawbacks from the users’ perspective.
Features of the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4:
– Dynamic Titan Style Direct-Drive Extruder
– Robust Built with Contemporary Frame Aesthetics
– Interactive 3.5-Inch Touchscreen Interface
– Precisely Coordinated Dual Z Mechanism
– Innovative Lattice Glass Base with Rapid Heating AC Heat-Bed Capability
– Essential Filament Exhaustion Detection & Power Interruption Recovery
– Incredibly Silent Stepper Motor Mechanisms
– Extensive Connection Support for USB & MicroSD
– Guaranteed Secure & High-Quality Packaging
– Nearly Ready Out of the Box with Simple Set-Up Guidelines
Benefits of the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4:
– Exceptional synchronized dual Z-axis promising unmatched quality.
– Elegant ribbon cable arrangement ensuring clutter-free operation.
– Efficiently insulated, swift-heating AC-powered bed.
– Shiny finishes due to a smoothly laid printing bed.
– User-friendly, vivid touchscreen controls.
– Multiple connectivity options with both USB and MicroSD.
– A mostly pre-assembled unit, ensuring quick and effortless setup.
– Notably quiet operation, ensuring peace of mind.
– Precision-driven inductive endstops.
– Convenient leveling with larger knobs.
Downsides of the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4:
– Print bed is non-removable.
– Earlier Quality Control issues, though now greatly improved.
– Absence of EEPROM save support.
– The Titan Extruder could benefit from better heating consistency.
– Spool holder adjustment can be a bit challenging.
– Does not come bundled with sample filament.
Specifications of Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4:
– Layer Precision: 0.1mm
– Printing Capacity: 300 x 300 x 400mm
– Maximum Speed: 150mm/s
– XYZ Accuracy: 0.05mm, 0.05mm, 0.1mm
– Supported Filaments: PLA, ABS, TPU, Flexible Varieties
– Filament Width: 1.75mm
– Nozzle Width: 0.4mm
– Printer Size: 550 x 405 x 640mm (550 x 405 x 870 mm with spool holder)
– Extruder Type: Direct Drive
– Max Bed Temperature: 130°C
– Power: 110V
– Interfaces: USB, TF Card, USB Drive
– Control Board: MKS Gen L
– Nozzle Design: Volcano
What are users saying about the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4?
From the chatter on Amazon, the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 boasts an impressive 4.5/5.0 rating. A majority of users, around 87%, have rated it 4 stars or more.
One user highlighted the printer’s impressive bed heating speed. Another appreciated its seamless packaging that guarantees the unit arrives undamaged. A switch from smaller printers to this expansive one allowed users to unleash their creativity further. Many emphasized the printer’s almost silent operation and the impeccable quality of prints.
Verdict: Should you invest in the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4?
When you align the printer’s expansive features, from its substantial build size to its Direct Drive mechanism, and weigh its merits, such as silent operations and unparalleled print quality, it becomes evident that this 3D printer is a worthy investment. Though there are some areas for improvement, the overall offerings of the Artillery Sidewinder X1 V4 present an enticing package for both beginners and veterans in the world of 3D printing.